Join us for two days as we delve into the most critical legal challenges from contract negotiation to construction insurance, litigation, and conflict resolution in Western Canada.
Vice President and Assistant General Counsel
Ledcor Industries Inc., Legal
Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
Legal Counsel, Western Canada
Senior Legal Counsel
Graham Construction & Engineering
Surety Claims Manager – West
Intact Insurance Company
Vice President, Collaborative Construction
THIS YEAR’S HIGHLIGHTS
- Alberta’s Construction Law Reforms, Lessons from Other Jurisdictions, and What You Need to Know to Avoid Legal Recourse
- Dispute Resolution – Analyzing the Pros and Cons of Different Approaches and How to Resolve Problems Without Going to Court
- Think Tank on Integrated Project Delivery: Calculating the Risk, Cost and Performance Certainty of IPD and Determining the Right Model for Your Project
- Builders’ Liens: Lesser-Known Pitfalls and Where Companies Go Wrong
- Best Practices for the Fair and Equitable Allocating of Risk and the Role of Subtrades
Tuesday, January 25
SAMPLE CONTRACTS – Contract Breakdown: Building Effective Partnership Agreements from Joint Ventures to Impact Benefit Agreements
Tuesday, January 25
A MUST-ATTEND EVENT FOR
- Project Managers
- Risk Managers
- Lawyers in private and public practice
- Contract Administrators, Managers, and Specialists
- Engineers and Architects
- Construction Managers
- Procurement Specialists
- Construction Consultants
- Construction Associations
This 2-day conference program can be applied towards 9 of the 9 substantive hours and 1 of the 3 professionalism hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as required by the Law Society of Ontario. Members will also receive an additional 3 substantive hours at each pre-conference workshop. Learn More
ABOUT THIS CONFERENCE
The annual conference on Managing Risk in Construction Contracts & Projects, Western Canada Edition, has been specifically designed to provide project owners, managers, and builders with practical strategies to reduce risk and effectively manage project contracts amid uncertainties.
With critical challenges arising from pending changes to Alberta’s construction law and the legal ramifications of delay claims during the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s essential to know how to keep your project moving and avoid costly claims and litigation.
Join us at the highly anticipated construction law event to share best practices, hear the latest developments and learn strategies for delivering successful projects.
2021 Conference Recording
Missed last year’s conference? Watch a recording of the 13th annual event.PURCHASE RECORDING
Emerging Contract Performance Liability and Litigation Amid COVID-19 Restrictions.FREE DOWNLOAD
Business and industry input was a practical and interesting addition to the lawyers input.
Well organized with lots of excellent speakers.
A solid list of relevant topics.