Bringing together Canada’s prominent regulators and industry leaders from Canadian FIs in one place this November!
Theresa M. Hinz
Executive Director and Acting Assistant Superintendent, Regulatory Response
Office of the Superintendent of Financial in Canada (OSFI)
The Privacy Commissioner of Canada
Office of The Privacy Commissioner of Canada
Chief Compliance Officer – Canada
Chief Compliance Officer
Regional Director, Toronto
Barrister and Solicitor, Legal Director
Ministry of the Attorney General
Emiel-Johan van der Velden
Head, Depositor Solutions, Insurance & Compliance
Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC)
Assistant Crown Attorney, Guns and Gangs Task Force
Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General
Chief Compliance Officer, BMO Asset Management Inc & BMO Investments Inc.
BMO Financial Group
Chief Privacy Officer
CWB Financial Group
Managing Director, Country Head of Compliance & Operational Risk, Canada
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
VP, Chief Compliance Officer
Chief Compliance Officer
Chief Anti-Money Laundering Officer
Head, Compliance and Privacy
This Year’s Highlights
- Payments Modernization in Canada: Trends, Initiatives, and Regulations Moving into 2024
- Unlocking AI in Compliance: Considerations and Opportunities for Compliance Professionals to Ensure Responsible and Effective AI Use
- Partnering with Business Units to Strengthen Compliance Across Your Organization
- Evolving Typologies in AML and the Financial Sector
- Clarity on Crypto in Canada: Forecasting the Cryptocurrency Outlook in Canada and Ways that Banks and Insurance Companies Can Navigate Digital Assets
- FCPF Considerations: Looking Ahead for the Next 12 Months
Add more value to your conference experience by signing up for these hands-on and practical workshops and consider sending your team!
Effective Strategies for Implementing a Best-in-Class Compliance Program to Quickly Detect and Resolve Any Potential Regulatory Violations
November 20, 2023
9:00 am – 12:30 pm
Roadmap to Risk Assessment: How to Effectively Integrate Risk Assessment into Your Core Compliance Program
November 20, 2023
1:30 – 5:00 pm
Workshops are offered In-Person only
Confirmed Government Organizations
- Office of the Superintendent of Financial in Canada (OSFI)
- Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC)
- Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA)
- Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC)
- Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General (MAG)
WHO’S IN ATTENDANCE
- PC Bank
- BMO Financial Group
- HSBC Canada
- Laurentian Bank
- Bank of China Canada
- CITCO Bank Canada
- First National
This 2-day conference program can be applied towards 9.5 hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as required by the Law Society of Upper Canada.
WHO YOU WILL MEET
A Must Attend Event for Professionals Focused on Preparing for the Future of Compliance
- Chief Compliance Officers (CCOs)
- Chief Risk Officer (CRO)
- Chief Anti-Money Laundering Officers (CAMLOs)
- Regulatory Delivery Officers
- VPs and Heads of Compliance, VPs and Heads of Legal and Compliance, and other compliance officers and compliance professionals from Financial Institutions
- Privacy, Operations and Risk professionals with a focus on enterprise risk management
- Insurance professionals
- In-house counsel from Financial Institutions
- Internal Auditors
ABOUT THIS CONFERENCE
Don’t miss the opportunity to gain valuable insights from industry experts at the Annual Flagship Conference on Regulatory Compliance for Financial Institutions. This event will equip you with strategies to mitigate risks and meet regulatory standards in today’s ever-changing environment. Engage with key regulators to understand their compliance expectations and learn how leading financial institutions are embracing modernization and innovation for transparency, efficiency, and consumer-centric frameworks.
Join a diverse community of professionals from financial institutions, insurance companies, law firms, and regulatory authorities for in-depth discussions and curated strategy sessions. Get ready to prepare for evolving regulatory expectations, learn from key industry players, and explore a wide range of topics – from top priorities for government regulators to addressing compliance deficiencies and fostering a strong culture of compliance.
Stay ahead in the dynamic regulatory landscape and secure your spot at this conference where knowledge, networking, and collaboration take center stage. Let this event empower you with the tools and understanding needed to prioritize compliance functions effectively and navigate ethical challenges with confidence. Register now and embrace the future of regulatory compliance!
The conference provided good information, the experience of speakers in their respective fields came across clearly.
It was full of quality content.