Bringing together Canada’s prominent regulators, the big banks and industry experts in one place this November!
Gain insights from industry experts and develop strategies for mitigating risks and ensure current and impending regulatory standards are met. Learn to prioritize and effectively execute compliance functions within a current evolving and ever-changing environment.
Join us at the 28th Annual Flagship Conference on Regulatory Compliance for Financial Institutions and engage with key regulators on compliance expectations and delve into an in-depth look at the myriad ways that financial institutions are capitalizing on modernization and innovation to drive transparency, efficiency, and consumer-centric frameworks.
VP, Chief Compliance Officer
VP and Chief Compliance Risk Officer
Canadian Western Bank
Supervision Manager, Supervision and Enforcement Branch
Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC)
Director, PIPEDA Compliance
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
Emiel-Johan van der Velden
Head, Depositor Solutions, Insurance & Compliance
Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC)
Associate Assistant Deputy Minister
Director, Compliance and Culture
Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada (OSFI)
2022 AGENDA HIGHLIGHTS
- Engage with Prominent Regulators including: OSFI, Department of Finance, Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, CDIC and FCAC
- Countdown to Open Banking in Canada: How to Prepare for the Legal and Technical Challenges by 2024
- Cullen Commission Report: Deep Dive into the Implications for Canada’s AML Regime and Your Compliance Program
- Addressing the Ongoing Impacts of Russia Sanctions on Canada’s Financial Institutions
- Top 5 Pitfalls to Avoid When Handling Customer Complaints
- Spotlight on Enhancements to the Financial Consumer Protection Framework
- Climate Risks: How to Measure and Report the Financial Risks of a Low-Carbon Transition
- New! Special Focus Sessions on ESG
- Determining Where ESG Oversight Lives in the Organization
- Preparing for Mandatory ESG Disclosure
Add more value to your conference experience by signing up for these hands-on and practical workshops and consider sending your team!
Best-in-Class Compliance Program: Effective Strategies for Implementing a Best-in-Class Compliance Program
November 16, 2022
9:00 am – 12:30 pm
Integrating ESG Principles into Your Core Compliance Strategy: Costly Missteps to Avoid When Embedding ESG into Your Compliance Strategy
November 16, 2022
1:30 – 5:00 pm
Workshops are offered In-Person only
WHO YOU WILL MEET
A Must Attend Event for Professionals Focused on Preparing for the Future of Compliance
- Chief Compliance Officers (CCOs)
- Chief Risk Officer (CRO)
- Chief Anti-Money Laundering Officers (CAMLOs)
- Regulatory Delivery Officers
- VPs and Heads of Compliance, VPs and Heads of Legal and Compliance, and other compliance officers and compliance professionals from Financial Institutions
- Privacy, Operations and Risk professionals with a focus on enterprise risk management
- Insurance professionals
- In-house counsel from Financial Institutions
- Internal Auditors
ABOUT THIS CONFERENCE
Gathering industry experts and peers from leading financial institutions, insurance companies, law firms, and regulatory authorities for a series of in-depth discussions and curated strategy sessions focused on preparing for evolving regulatory expectations.
Learn from key industry players and see the discussions unfold touching on a variety of subjects from top priorities for government regulators to industry insights on how to address leading compliance deficiencies, navigate ethical quandaries and build a strong culture of compliance.
The conference provided good information, the experience of speakers in their respective fields came across clearly and the platform used for the conference was well organized and adaptive to the current remote work settings.
This being the first time the conference has been put on in an entirely virtual format, I thought the organizing team did a great job.