CONFERENCE FORMAT CHANGE
We’re Going Virtual!
Due to social distancing and large group gathering restrictions, CI’s Anti-Money Laundering and Financial Crime Conference has changed format from a live, in-person event to an interactive, virtual conference.
The conference will follow a similar schedule and agenda as originally planned.
Align your compliance program with the amended Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA) regulations effective 2020/2021
In June 2019 amended regulations under the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA) were released. Reporting entities are now faced with aligning their operations with a slate of requirements by 2020/2021. The stakes for compliance have risen due to broader enforcement measures for organizations and societal push to close the gaps that have led to the proliferation or money-laundering activity in Canada.
Analyze what the changes mean for your organization and develop next steps with guidance from FINTRAC and industry leaders on:
- New record-keeping and reporting requirements
- Enforcement trends 2020 and beyond
- New requirements for Money Services Businesses
What’s New For 2020?
- Harnessing your company data for AML compliance
- Lessons learned from recent fi nancial crime schemes
- Interactive Polling – Should you fi le with FINTRAC?
- The Case for a Benefi cial Ownership Directory
Gain Critical Insights on
- How to align operations with amended (PCMLTFA) regulations
- Leveraging digital ID for improved customer due diligence
- The nuts and bolts of monitoring: How to move, manage and mobilize data
- How to avoid penalties from the regulators
- Getting your compliance house in order: FINTRAC guidance on EFT record keeping and reporting
- Lessons from successful public-private partnerships and recent financial crime schemes
Who You Will Meet
Anti-Money Laundering, Risk Management and Compliance Professionals in:
- Credit Unions
- Trust & Loan Companies
- Insurance and Re-Insurance
- Securities Firms
- Mortgage Companies
- Securities & Fund Brokers & Dealers
- Investment and Financial Managers & Advisors
- Foreign Exchange Dealers
- Subsidiaries of International Financial Institutions
- Other Financial and Money Services Businesses
As well as Senior Professionals working in the areas of:
- Payment Processing
- Virtual Currency
- Precious Metals, Gems and Jewelry
- Real Estate Development & Brokerage
- Legal Services
- Gaming & Casino Operations
- Financial Policy & Regulation
At the end of the Forum, each attendee will receive an official Certificate of Attendance.