The 3rd Annual Urban Transit Infrastructure West Forum brings together senior transit leaders from across the country and beyond to discuss hot-button issues, network and share their expertise on this rapidly growing industry.
Creating more efficient and sustainable transit networks is the key to addressing the ongoing issue of congestion in Canada’s urban centres. Fueled by a surge of government investments in recent years, the focus is on building, expanding and maintaining these systems to seamlessly connect communities, reduce carbon emissions and contribute to long-term prosperity.
This event features a carefully selected line-up of project owners, managers, contractors, consultants and other stakeholders, giving you direct access to key market players involved in the procurement, design, construction and operation of major transit projects. Don’t miss this opportunity to empower yourself through a wealth of information straight from the experts.
Manager, Partner Planning
Manager, Transportation Planning
City of Vancouver
Project Manager, Valley Line West LRT
City of Edmonton
General Manager, Green Line
City of Calgary
CEO and Executive Director
Canadian Urban Transit Research and Innovation (CUTRIC)
Director, Corporate and Strategic Planning
This Years Highlights
- Discover the Ministry of Infrastructure’s priorities for public infrastructure needs and how funding will be allocated in the coming years
- Hear updates on major projects, including the Arbutus to UBC SkyTrain project, Valley Line West LRT and Green Line LRT
- Learn first-hand about the challenges and opportunities of transit-oriented development from municipalities who’ve been there, including Vancouver, Toronto and Waterloo
- Benefit from case studies and innovative approaches taken at home and abroad, from Ottawa to London, UK
- Peek into the future with talks on Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS), transit’s role in addressing climate change and how urban gondolas are elevating the transportation game on the West Coast
NEW TO 2020
Executive Roundtable – Sector Challenges and Solutions
Led by a group of senior executives and government agency representatives, this interactive deep dive session will explore how sector participants might meaningfully respond to key challenges currently facing urban transit and other public infrastructure projects in Canada.
It is a great way to hear what is happening around the country and some different approaches from the US. It is nice to have a continuum of projects from start to finish and [learn] the successes and challenges.
Very good speakers and content. Venue was very good too and good size.
This conference exceeded my expectations to the 110% level.