Canada’s premier AML and financial crime event is back IN-PERSON this June in Toronto. Join key regulators, law enforcement and industry leaders for two days of discussion as we address the most pressing industry challenges through in-depth analysis of the financial crime landscape and industry driven conversations on compliance.4>
Spotlight on the Cullen Commission Report Key Takeaways of Recommendations: View from the Government
The Cullen report findings will have a ripple effect across all provinces and right into Federal Cabinet – and will be impactful into the shaping of the Canadian Financial Crime Agency. Hear cutting edge commentary on the recommendations and implications for government and future AML regulation across the country.VIEW AGENDA
CEO & Director
Garry W.G. Clement CAMS, CFE, CFCS, FIS, CCI
Chief Compliance Officer
AVP Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk & Corp. Functions, Former AVP Financial Crimes & Reg. Risk
Laurentian Bank of Canada
Leading Government and Industry Speakers, including
Senior Commission Counsel
Peter M. German, QC, PhD
Barrister & Solicitor
Former Deputy Commissioner, RCMP, Chair, Vancouver Anti-Corruption Institute & Author of government-commissioned reports that spurred the formation of the Commission
HEAR FROM AN EXCLUSIVE LINE-UP OF LEADING EXPERTS FROM
- BMO Financial Group
- Laurentian Bank of Canada
- Bank of China
- Department of Finance
- Serious Fraud Office (Ontario) – Prosecution Division
- Ministry of the Attorney General (Ontario)
- The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
- York Regional Police
- British Columbia Lottery Corporation
- Financial Crime Coordination Centre (FC3), Public Safety Canada
THIS YEAR’S HIGHLIGHTS
- Gain practical insights into how to identify and mitigate heightened risks with growing AML threats posed by Cryptocurrency
- Leverage emerging AML analytics and technologies to strengthen compliance: AI, Machine Learning
- Get guidance from FINTRAC and hear upcoming enforcement priorities and compliance expectations
- Manage the unique challenges of beneficial ownership, KYC and ID verification obligations
- Latest typologies and trends in trade-based money laundering
How to Plan, Prepare & Manage for a FINTRAC Exam or Penalty: A Practical Guide to FINTRAC Examination Preparedness
Monday, June 14
9:00 am – 12:30 pm
How To Design, Implement, and Deliver an Effective AML Compliance Program that Measures Up to FINTRAC’s New Requirements
Monday, June 14
1:30 – 5:00 pm
Workshops are offered In-Person only
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anti-Money Laundering, Risk Management and Compliance Professionals in:
- Credit Unions
- Trust & Loan Companies
- Insurance and Re-Insurance
- Securities Firms
- Mortgage Companies
- Securities & Fund Brokers & Dealers
- Investment and Financial Managers & Advisors
- Foreign Exchange Dealers
- Subsidiaries of International Financial Institutions
- Other Financial and Money Services Businesses
As well as Senior Professionals working in the areas of:
- Payment Processing
- Virtual Currency
- Precious Metals, Gems and Jewelry
- Real Estate Development & Brokerage
- Legal Services
- Gaming & Casino Operations
- Financial Policy & Regulation
Welcome to The Canadian Institute’s 21st Annual Canadian Forum on Anti-Money Laundering and Financial Crime.
AML compliance for reporting entities has never been of greater critical importance than it is today. With the growing sophistication of criminals and the methods and technologies that they employed, combined with the intensified focus on AML by government and the public, the risks, both financial and reputational, for non-compliance is immense.
Join us in-person in Toronto to gain practical guidance and insights into how to develop and implement a compliance program that can adapt with the latest technological tools and sufficiently meet emerging regulatory obligations. Engage and network with our stellar speaker faculty and your peers so that you can stay on the cutting edge of the latest developments in law and practice.
SPECIAL TO THIS YEAR’S EVENT: Be the first, to hear the initial reactions and insights into the Cullen Commission recommendations, and their practical implications for you, from leading Government and Industry experts including the Senior Commission Counsel.
Great people, speakers, topics.
Wide variety of topics.
Loved the Forum.
The duration, content and speakers. Great learning for me. I am taking a number of deliverables.
Good conference, well organized, good content, especially the presentation of AML compliance across various sectors.