Protecting Police Services, Promoting Professional Standards
Policing is happening on street corners, on digital devices, and in boardrooms across the world. Organized crime, drug trafficking, money laundering and technology are all evolving while the powers and authorities governing police services are sprinting to keep pace. And while police departments are mandated to protect the public, professional standards teams are protecting police officers. Is your department prepared?
Join the Canadian Institute’s 10th Annual Law of Policing Conference in Vancouver for balanced, current presentations on the most pressing issues facing police services, police associations, police boards, independent police oversight agencies, and their counsel.
SEE WHY THIS IS CANADA’S MUST ATTEND EVENT FOR PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS
NEW FOR THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY
Exclusive Networking Breakfast Reception with the FBI
Join this invite-only opportunity to connect with law enforcement representatives and benchmark policing strategies. Featuring a special guest from the US Federal Bureau of Investigation.
2019 Conference Chair:
R. Kyle Friesen
Counsel, RCMP Legal Advisory Section Department of Justice Canada
Ronald J. MacDonald, Q.C.
Chief Civilian Director Independent Investigations Office of BC
Shelley L. Tkatch
Public Prosecution Service of Canada
Colonel Bruce W. MacGregor Q.C., CD, LL.M. LL.B.
Director of Military Prosecutions Canadian Armed Forces
With Participation From:
- Panel: Enforcing Amendments to the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act
- Evolving Privacy and Ethical Concerns in the Tech World
- Initiating the Inadmissible Patrons Program (Bar Watch)
- Top 15 Operational Issues in Policing
- The Police Officer’s Guide to Independent Police Oversight, Roles and Reports
- Cross-Country Comparison on Information Checks
- Judges’ Panel: Advice from the Bench on Common Legal and Policing Errors
Register Today To Secure The Best Rate!