Our 2023 Event has Concluded
For those who attended, thank you for an incredible event. We are looking forward to returning in April 2024.
The Canadian Institute’s 12th National Symposium on Cumulative Effects Assessment and Environmental Management will provide multi-stakeholder perspectives on the current and future of cumulative effects assessment to effectively manage the social, economic and environmental effects of project development.
2023 event highlights included:
- Lesson learned from the Blueberry River Court Decision and implications for future resource development in Canada
- Perspectives from industry: Balancing project advancements with cumulative effects, Indigenous rights and climate change
- The latest on surface water quality management frameworks in the upper Athabasca and North Saskatchewan Rivers in Alberta
- How cumulative effects are addressed in regional assessments including the Ring of Fire, St. Lawrence River Area and Offshore Wind Development
2023 SPEAKER FACULTY
Blueberry River First Nations
Salish Sea Indigenous Guardians Association
Director, Cumulative Effects Management Planning
Environment and Protected Areas
Government of Alberta
Head of Sustainable Development
2023 CONFERENCE CO-CHAIRS
Senior Legal Counsel
Indigenous Law, Enbridge
Saskatchewan First Nations Natural Resource Centre of Excellence
Canada’s Must-Attend Event for Professionals in Sustainable Project Development
The Symposium will provide you with multi-stakeholder perspectives on the current and future of cumulative effects assessment to effectively manage the social, economic and environmental effects of project development. Collaborate with thought-leaders from government, Indigenous communities, and industry and discuss opportunities to move forward with sustainable project development.
This is your best opportunity to meet with key integral stakeholders and form a unique dialogue on sustainable project development.
Don’t take our word for it! Here is what delegates have said.
Very efficient and talks were interesting and relevant.
Great choice of speakers, and George did an excellent job moderating!
Who Should Attend
Network and build relationships with a broad range of experts, scientists and leaders in:
- Environmental impact assessments
- Environmental regulatory compliance
- Land management
- Resource development
- Project approvals and development
- Sustainability program management
- Stakeholder relations and community engagement project approvals
- Project Approvals
- Air, water, land, and biodiversity research and policy
From industry sectors including:
- Natural Gas Exploration and Production Companies
- Natural Gas Pipeline and Processing Companies
- Exploration and Production Companies
- Pipeline and Midstream Companies
- Oil Refineries and Upgraders
- Oil Sands Operators and Developers
- Forestry, Pulp and Paper
- Indigenous Communities
- Engineering and Environmental Service Firms
- Government and Regulatory Bodies
- Law Firms with environmental practices
- Resource sector industry associations
- Network and build relationships