The 10th Annual National Symposium on Cumulative Effects Assessment and Environmental Management returns for the highly anticipated IN-PERSON and LIVE reunion in beautiful Calgary this June!
The Symposium will provide you with multi-stakeholder perspectives on the current and future of cumulative effects assessment to effectively manage the social, economic and environmental effects of project development. Collaborate with thought-leaders from government, Indigenous communities, and industry and discuss opportunities to move forward with sustainable project development.
This is your best opportunity to meet with key integral stakeholders and form a unique dialogue on sustainable project development.
Manager, Strategic and Regional Assessments
Impact Assessment Agency of Canada
Senior Legal Counsel, Indigenous Law
Senior Environmental Specialist, Licensing & Environmental Assessment
Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
Director, Environment and Energy Statistics
Statistics Canada, Government of Canada
2022 AGENDA HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE
Get practical strategies for environmental management to enable a successful outcome for Canada’s resource economy with insight on highly relevant issues including:
- Deep dive into the landmark Blueberry River Decision – Short and long-term impact for first nation oversight and management of cumulative impacts
- Regional assessments under the new Impact Assessment Act – priorities and what to expect
- Incorporating traditional Indigenous Knowledge into environmental assessments
- Post assessment strategies – how do you handle and adhere to the results and conclusions of an assessment?
- How to incorporate health, economic and social impact in your cumulative assessment
POST CONFERENCE WORKSHOP
This workshop will examine the tools and practices for proactive planning required for effective CE management.
Jun 23, 2022
1:00 – 4:00 pm
Workshop is offered in-person only
Don’t take our word for it! Here is what delegates have said.
My first online conference. The facilitator made sure it ran on time. The speakers were knowledgeable on their topics.
The session was expertly managed, with smooth technical transitions.
The virtual format worked well; I appreciate the organization’s ability to pivot and provide a quality conference experience.
Very efficient and talks were interesting and relevant.
Great choice of speakers, and George did an excellent job moderating!
Topics were interesting and the virtual format went well.
Who Should Attend
Network and build relationships with a broad range of experts, scientists and leaders in:
- Environmental impact assessments
- Environmental regulatory compliance
- Land management
- Resource development
- Project approvals and development
- Sustainability program management
- Stakeholder relations and community engagement project approvals
- Project Approvals
- Air, water, land, and biodiversity research and policy
From industry sectors including:
- Natural Gas Exploration and Production Companies
- Natural Gas Pipeline and Processing Companies
- Exploration and Production Companies
- Pipeline and Midstream Companies
- Oil Refineries and Upgraders
- Oil Sands Operators and Developers
- Forestry, Pulp and Paper
- Indigenous Communities
- Engineering and Environmental Service Firms
- Government and Regulatory Bodies
- Law Firms with environmental practices
- Resource sector industry associations
- Network and build relationships