The 11th Annual National Symposium on Cumulative Effects Assessment and Environmental Management returns for the highly anticipated IN-PERSON and LIVE reunion in beautiful Calgary in April!
The Symposium will provide you with multi-stakeholder perspectives on the current and future of cumulative effects assessment to effectively manage the social, economic and environmental effects of project development. Collaborate with thought-leaders from government, Indigenous communities, and industry and discuss opportunities to move forward with sustainable project development.
This is your best opportunity to meet with key integral stakeholders and form a unique dialogue on sustainable project development.
Senior Legal Counsel
Indigenous Law, Enbridge
Saskatchewan First Nations Natural Resource Centre of Excellence
Blueberry River First Nations
Director, Cumulative Effects Management Planning, Lands Planning Branch
Alberta Environment and Protected Areas
Head of Sustainable Development
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE 2023 AGENDA
Get practical strategies for environmental management to enable a successful outcome for Canada’s resource economy with insight on highly relevant issues including:
- Lesson learned from the Blueberry River Court Decision and implications for future resource development in Canada
- Perspectives from industry – balancing project advancements with cumulative effects, Indigenous rights and climate change
- The latest on surface water quality management frameworks in the upper Athabasca and North Saskatchewan Rivers in Alberta
- Key takeaways on how cumulative effects are addressed in regional assessments including the Ontario Ring of Fire, St. Lawrence River and Mackenzie Valley
PRACTICAL AND HANDS-ON WORKSHOPS
Add more value to your conference experience by signing up for these workshops and consider sending your team!
April 18, 2023
8:00 am – 10:00 am
Your Complete and Practical Guide to Environmental Monitoring for Planning and Decision Making in the Context of Cumulative Effects
April 19, 2023
1:30 – 5:00 pm
Workshops are offered In-Person only
Don’t take our word for it! Here is what delegates have said.
My first online conference. The facilitator made sure it ran on time. The speakers were knowledgeable on their topics.
The session was expertly managed, with smooth technical transitions.
The virtual format worked well; I appreciate the organization’s ability to pivot and provide a quality conference experience.
Very efficient and talks were interesting and relevant.
Great choice of speakers, and George did an excellent job moderating!
Topics were interesting and the virtual format went well.
Who Should Attend
Network and build relationships with a broad range of experts, scientists and leaders in:
- Environmental impact assessments
- Environmental regulatory compliance
- Land management
- Resource development
- Project approvals and development
- Sustainability program management
- Stakeholder relations and community engagement project approvals
- Project Approvals
- Air, water, land, and biodiversity research and policy
From industry sectors including:
- Natural Gas Exploration and Production Companies
- Natural Gas Pipeline and Processing Companies
- Exploration and Production Companies
- Pipeline and Midstream Companies
- Oil Refineries and Upgraders
- Oil Sands Operators and Developers
- Forestry, Pulp and Paper
- Indigenous Communities
- Engineering and Environmental Service Firms
- Government and Regulatory Bodies
- Law Firms with environmental practices
- Resource sector industry associations
- Network and build relationships