Customer Experience Specialist
CI is hiring for an enthusiastic, experienced administrative professional. The primary role and responsibility of the Customer Experience Specialist is to provide an excellent customer experience by providing product information, facilitating the registration process, and ensuring the customer’s needs are exceeded before and after the conference. This department supports over 140+ conferences held domestically and internationally by C5 Group Inc. The position will report to Associate Director, Customer Experience and Continuing Education. The role will be a critical, contributing team member and will work closely with the Event and Marketing departments to support the successful registration and education requirements of our clients.
The Canadian Institute (CI) is devoted to providing the business intelligence that decision makers need to respond to challenges both here in the US, and around the world. American Conference Institute operates as a think tank, monitoring trends and developments in all major industry sectors, the law, and public policy, with a view to providing information on the leading edge. Headquartered in Toronto, CI has grown to produce more than 140 events each year, attended by thousands of senior delegates from across the country.
- Answer inbound telephone and email inquiries related to products and services.
- Responsible for the entry of order information into an internal database stemming from telephone, mail and electronic channels.
- Outbound calls to all electronic and hard-copy registration orders to confirm receipt and capture missing contact details, marketing key codes and communicate payment policy.
- Review audit of daily entry activity and amend files by end of business day to ensure accurate delegate records.
- Promote and up-sell conferences, workshops, publications and any offerings of the C5 Group Companies.
- Contact delegates to collect on outstanding balances. Provide updated Tax certificates and other financial documents as required by the customer.
- Build and manage customer relations by proactively responding to customer issues; escalate negative customer relation issues where possible by communicating proactively with management.
- Ensure venue changes and event cancellations are communicated to all parties.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the Customer Experience Supervisor and Senior Management.
- Proven ability to meeting and exceed sales targets.
- Minimum Education: Grade 12 diploma (college or university degree preferred)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good listening skills with the ability to overcome customer objections.
- Multi-tasking ability and strong time management skills.
- Exercises good judgment and makes effective, sound, timely and informed decisions.
- Bilingual – French or Spanish (written and spoken) an asset.
- 2 years customer service related experience.
- Call Centre experience a definite asset.
The C5 Group of companies consisting of The Canadian Institute (CI) and American Conference Institute (ACI) values the diversity (all the ways in which we are different) of our colleagues. As an equal opportunity employer, we promote this diversity and ensure that persons are recruited, hired, assigned, and promoted without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, veteran’s status, age, gender identity, disability, familial status, pregnancy, or any other trait protected by law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] (please include your salary requirements)
No Phone Calls Please. Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted. American Conference Institute is part of an international group of companies with offices in Canada and Europe and is an equal opportunity employer.
Remote (Toronto, Canada)
Interested in joining the team?
If so, please submit your resume to [email protected]