Human Resources Coordinator
CI is hiring for an enthusiastic and proactive HR professional to join the team. The Human Resources(HR) Coordinator will support the HR function across a variety of activities that will promote our company’s values and goals across the global offices. Heavy emphasis will be placed on supporting full-cycle recruitment, and will also include assisting with benefits administration, payroll administration and special projects. The ideal candidate will be self-starter, committed to excellence with a strong employee centric yet business aligned approach.
The Canadian Institute (CI) is devoted to providing the business intelligence that decision makers need to respond to challenges both here in Canada, and around the world. The Canadian Institute operates as a think tank, monitoring trends and developments in all major industry sectors, the law, and public policy, with a view to providing information on the leading edge. Headquartered in Toronto, CI has grown to produce more than 140 events each year, attended by thousands of senior delegates from across the country.
- Support with full-cycle recruitment including preparing job postings, sourcing relevant sites, managing social media efforts, screening resumes, scheduling interviews, preparing employment offers, and completing reference checks
- Assist with the employee lifecycle including onboarding, training, performance management, promotions and exit interviews all while providing an exceptional employee experience
- Provide benefits administration and payroll support on a semi-monthly basis
- Partner with the HR Manager on special projects including research on a variety of topics which may include global initiatives
- Support the HR Manager with key employee initiatives and programs that will enhance both organizational effectiveness and external key stakeholder experiences
- Assist with managing metrics, completing employment verifications and reporting as needed
- Address employee inquiries as needed, which may include policies & procedures, benefits, time off and leave of absence questions
- Maintain and update HRIS including the organizational chart
- Liaise with employees and managers at all levels of the organization
- Other responsibilities as determined by business need
- Bachelor’s degree required; Postgraduate degree preferred in HR Management
- 2 years of HR work experience in a corporate environment (in any industry)
- Exceptional attention to detail to ensure integrity of both data and employment information
- Critical thinking skills and ability to exercise discretion and judgment when handling confidential/sensitive information
- Proven track record of setting priorities and consistently keeping commitments
- Ability to create positive and value-add experiences for external and internal stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office
The C5 Group of companies consisting of The Canadian Institute(CI) and American Conference Institute (ACI) values the diversity (all the ways in which we are different) of our colleagues. As an equal opportunity employer, we promote this diversity and ensure that persons are recruited, hired, assigned, and promoted without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, veteran’s status, age, gender identity, disability, familial status, pregnancy, or any other trait protected by law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] (please include your salary requirements)
No Phone Calls Please. Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted. American Conference Institute is part of an international group of companies with offices in Canada and Europe and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested in joining the team?
If so, please submit your resume to [email protected]