Workshop B — FINTRAC Preparedness: How to Design and Deliver an AML Compliance Program that Measures Up to FINTRAC Requirements
Rebecca Ip, CPA, CA, CFF, CAMS – Audit
Partner, Forensic & Financial Crimes Services
VP & Chief Compliance Officer
SBI Canada Bank
*Workshop is offered In-Person only.
While FINTRAC has been assessing up-to-date compliance programs to ensure that they reflect amended Regulations, they only recently launched ‘true’ examinations, whereby any noncompliance found will be cited as a deficiency under the PCMLTFA and be subject to follow-up or enforcement actions.
This deep-dive workshop will provide guidance and practical advice on how to establish a defensible compliance program that makes the grade to avoid the risk of penalty.
During this workshop, we will explore:
- Aligning your compliance controls and processes with the new regulatory regime
- Adjusting your compliance program for design, application, and delivery requirements
- Improving reporting standards to better justify risk-based decisions
- Managing the increasing importance of documentation to demonstrate due diligence
- How to effectively respond to facts, context, and indicators
- Next steps and what to do if you have received a request from FINTRAC
- Preparing for FINTRAC examinations and responding to information requests
Includes a 30-minute networking luncheon (12:30 – 1:30 pm ET)