Workshop A — Duty to Consult in Practice: A Complete Guide to Documents, Day-to-Day Operations and Consultation Triggers for the Consultation Manager
Louis Bull Tribe
* Workshops are available In-Person only.
In this hands-on workshop, you will benefit from real life examples, pitfalls to avoid and the latest best practices. Don’t miss this detailed, in-depth look at expectations, documents and day-to-day operations pertaining to the Duty to Consult.This workshop is only being offered in-person.
- Deciphering what triggers the Duty to Consult, the types of projects, and grey areas
- Understanding the legal requirements
- Examining the role of the Crown, the regulator, and other groups Calculating whether the duty has been sufficiently met
- Knowing what at to read, and what to look for, and what to do next Environmental Assessments
- Handling technical documents
- Filing permits
- How to find efficiencies Discussing costs incurred from fulfilling the consultation process, who usually pays
- Tracking referrals and timelines