Thank you to everyone who joined us in Toronto!
Join us next year and connect with the industry leaders, government decision makers and innovative thinkers, who will help your team achieve efficiencies from construction through to clinical care, design for wellbeing, and prepare for the future of healthcare.
OUR 2024 PROGRAM IS IN DEVELOPMENT
Take a look at the lineup of speakers and event highlights from our 2023 event:
2023 CONFERENCE CO-CHAIRS
Cathy Renaud RN, BScN, MHM, CHE
Director, Planning and Programming, Capital Development
William Osler Health System
Director, Planning and Design
Trillium Health Partners
SPECIAL REMARKS FROM
Imad El Haddad, M.Arch, MBA
Senior Vice President, Project Delivery, Healthcare Portfolio, Hospitals
GAIN INSIGHTS FROM
Director Capital Development
Hamilton Health Sciences
Project Coordinator, IPAC Project Lead, Planning & Development
The Ottawa Hospital
Associate + Senior Director of Experience Outcomes
Forge Media + Design
2023 CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS
- Ontario’s Infrastructure Outlook: A Coffee & Q&A with IO and key government decision makers on the pipeline, procurement, and risk mitigation measures for current market conditions
- Population and Social Determinant Forecasting: Learn how methodologies are being developed and used for health informed capital planning at a local and regional level
- Case Study on the NHS Net-Zero Standard: Develop decarbonization strategies using UK’s innovative, and comprehensive framework for healthcare facilities as a guide
- Establishing Standards for Private Medical and Surgical Centres in Ontario
ABOUT THIS CONFERENCE
Hospitals, long term care and community care facilities are under immense pressure to adapt to evolving infrastructure standards and patient expectations following the COVID-19 pandemic.
To address this, investments are being made across the region in new, large-scale facilities, redevelopment projects, and retrofits that will consider current and future needs, while also incorporating lessons learned from this tumultuous period, in preparation for the next.
To stand the test of time, these projects will need to navigate an increasingly complex planning and design process that considers everything from environmental sustainability measures and the integration of digital infrastructure to best practices in infection control.
To achieve an on time, on budget delivery—project teams will need to develop strategies to work through unpredictable market conditions characterized by supply chain disruptions and escalating material costs.
Develop the tools and techniques that will help accelerate the delivery of future-ready healthcare facilities, at CI’s 9th Annual Forum on Healthcare Infrastructure, Eastern Canada.
Meet face-to-face with leaders in capital planning, construction, and facilities management for a series of forward-thinking, solution-oriented conversations on Canadian healthcare infrastructure.
WHO YOU WILL MEET
- C-suite executives
- Executive Vice Presidents
- Vice Presidents
- Policy Advisors and Analysts
- Hospitals and healthcare facilities
- Regional health authorities
- Provincial governments
- Construction services
- Law Firms
- Architecture Firms
- Technology service providers
- DEVISE strategies to manage project costs and schedules
- LEARN about innovative approaches and cutting-edge technology being leveraged by design, construction, and clinical teams to achieve efficiencies
- NETWORK with the leaders in capital planning, construction, and facilities management
- APPLY lessons learned from distinctive healthcare projects across Eastern Canada
- GAIN insights on climate- related risks and sustainability best practices for healthcare facilities
Apply for your annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credits.
Licensed engineers and engineering technology professionals can earn annual CPD credits by attending this 2-day conference.
The Canadian Institute will provide a certificate of attendance post-event for licensed engineers and engineering technology professionals. It will be the responsibility of each attendee to confirm their credit hours based on the sessions attended.
Sneak Peek At Our Past Events
Very good discussions and a chance to connect with peers.
Very positive – brought greater understanding to many aspects of healthcare design and build process.
Many of the speakers and sessions were extremely well prepared with excellent summary level material provided via slides that will serve as wonderful resources when we go back to the hospital setting.
Excellent peer-to-peer engagement, relevant sessions…
Great insight into MOH, infrastructure projects and current wisdom.