Workshop B — How to Negotiate Win-Win Energy Contracts with Indigenous Partnerships
JoAnn P Jamieson
Jamieson Laurin + Co.
(Registration at 12:30pm)
This workshop will delve into the finer points of negotiating contracts and building partnerships with Indigenous communities, including Joint Ventures, Impact Benefit Agreements and Memorandums of Understandings.
- How to structure agreements and build relationships with Indigenous communities
- How to encourage long-term development by looking at the relationship between industry, service companies and Indigenous communities
- What are the important risks to consider from the perspective of an Indigenous owner and developer/supplier?
- How are Indigenous-owned projects typically financed and structured?
- Options and practical strategies that would enable Indigenous investment and involvement in future energy projects
*Workshop is offered in-person only