Workshop A — Roadmap to AML Risk Assessment: How to Effectively Integrate Risk Assessment into Your Core AML Compliance Program
Global Chief Compliance Officer
*Workshops are offered In Person only
To help assuage the impact of corrupt money movements, the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTA) has established anti-money laundering (AML) regulations in Canada that require financial institutions to develop robust, reliable AML compliance programs.
A critical piece of these programs includes risk assessment, which involves evaluating current processes for common risk indicators that might require corrective action. During this deep-dive workshop, we’ll break down the basics of AML risk assessment, examine critical components and common risk indicators, and offer insights into effectively integrating risk assessment into your more extensive AML compliance program.
Join this workshop to explore:
- Implementing the key tenets of a risk-based approach (RBA) to decision-making in AML
- How to execute AML Risk Assessment techniques to help finetune your RBA to AML
- The latest current risks landscape and industry guidelines in 2023 and moving into 2024
- Filling in your knowledge gaps through technology and third-party services
- How to identify risk profiles, categories, and sources that may influence your total risk
- Identifying the Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) and ensuring they are consistent
- Best practices for deploying risk assessments through comprehensive reporting
- Implementing end-to-end integration that ensures holistic data from risk assessments is available
Includes a 30-minute networking luncheon (12:30 – 1:30 pm ET)