Effective Performance-Based Output Specifications for Transit Infrastructure Projects
Vice President Finance and Development
Senior Vice President, Light Rail Transit
- How are performance-based specifications currently be used in infrastructure and public procurement? How and when are targets being defined?
- When is it more appropriate to use performance versus prescriptive? Which provides better value and why?
- How is risk being shared and what does moving from performance to prescriptive do to that risk transfer?
- How are performance targets monitored and evaluated? What kind of evaluation methodology should be used? What is the impact on innovation?
- How to maintain accountability
- Proper drafting of performance requirements – scope and preparation of the draft and payment mechanisms