Scope Optimization: Identifying and Correcting Weakness for Controlling a Turnaround Event
- Why controlling scope is critical
- When to gather the scope list vs event date
Scope challenge and control:
- The typical approach, using scope challenge and change control
- Effective challenging of the work scope to eliminate unnecessary jobs
- Typical weaknesses with scope challenge and ways to fix them
Dealing with inevitable – scope changes while maintaining control:
- Typical weaknesses with scope change control and approaches to fix them
Organizational Engagement on scope list – How to ensure scope does not fall through the cracks?
- What steps can be taken to manage addendums to the work list and insure minimizing the ‘forgotten’ work?
Anticipate Execution challenges based on Scope
- Developing a planning strategy using risk-based scope reviews
Emergent Work – it happens
- Approach, using nimble scope challenge and change control
- Potential challenges and ways to fix them