CONFERENCE FORMAT CHANGE
We’re Going Virtual!
Due to social distancing and large group gathering restrictions, CI’s Provincial/Municipal Government Liability has changed format from a live, in-person event to an interactive, virtual conference.
We’ve also revised our agenda to include discussions on the short and long-term consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic on provincial and municipal liability.
The annual Provincial/Municipal Government Liability conference returns for its 26th year —Canada’s Leading forum dedicated to tackling burgeoning areas of government liability
Provinces and municipalities must constantly work to mitigate a broad range of potential legal exposures that could lead to protracted and costly litigation. It’s critical that governments across Canada, counsel, risk managers and insurance companies have the most-up-to-date strategies to prevent and defend against claims that can adversely impact operations.
City of Mississauga
Boghosian + Allen LLP
Director of Risk Management Services
Frank Cowan Company
Borden Ladner Gervais
THIS YEARS HIGHLIGHTS
- Comprehensive examination of how Ontario’s new Crown Liability and Proceedings Act is impacting claims
- Key strategies for resolving disputes with self-represented litigants
- Practical insights on Bylaw Enforcement: assessing the risks posed by equipping bylaw officers with self-defense weapons
- Timely advice on how to mitigate social media liability and implications for claims
- Data Breach Action Plan: How to avoid costly response missteps once you have been compromised
Good range of topics and speakers.
Most of the material presented was relevant to my work. Slides included lots of detail.
Excellent topics and speakers. Well organized and ran smoothly.
Timing was superb – not too long or too short for each topic.