Workshop A | From Theory to Practice: Complying with the Construction Act
Heal & Co. LLP
Know how the Construction Act affects you and what steps you can take to protect your organization whether you are an owner, a contractor or subcontractor, or an architect or engineer. This workshop will cover:
- Timing issues:
- When do liens arise and when do they expire?
- How do the transition rules affect the timelines for liens?
- How do the transition rules affect access to Adjudication?
- What are your dispute resolution options under your contract? Should you consider mediation or arbitration instead, and why?
- Concrete strategies for compliance with the mandatory prompt payment and adjudication requirements in Ontario
- How is Adjudication supposed to work in practice?
- Recognize the practice variations across the Province, and that access to Adjudication may not be uniform.
- What are the process requirements to manage and participate in the summary process of a lien action?
- Pre-trials, settlement meetings, and other unique aspects of a lien proceeding
- Special provisions affecting municipalities
- Practical tips on the use of the mandatory forms under the Construction Act