A series of legislative changes in Ontario and across the country are creating significant uncertainty in how construction projects are executed and how disputes between parties are managed.
Join us at the most important construction law event of the year and gain the timeliest intelligence on the Construction Act, including its provisions on prompt payment, adjudication, bonding, subtrades, and more.
Hear from and connect with an outstanding line-up of speakers with expertise on everything from contract negotiation to construction insurance, litigation, and conflict resolution, and take away strategies to maximize your projects’ success and limit your liability.
Dentons Canada LLP
Agnes von dem Hagen
Vice President, Transaction Legal
VP, Project Assurance and Contract Management – Enterprise Projects
Ontario Power Generation
This Years Highlights
- The ins and outs of new legislation, how you are affected, and how you should respond
- Identifying the right contract type for your project – firm or flexible terms?
- How to avoid common project pitfalls and frequently litigated disputes
- Responding to Ontario’s construction labour shortage
- How construction workplace parties can deter liability under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
This 2-day conference program can be applied towards 9 of the 9 substantive hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as required by the Law Society of Ontario. In addition, 1 hour can be applied towards the Professionalism (Ethics and Professional Responsibility) requirement. Members will also receive an additional 3 substantive hours for each of the pre-conference workshops A and B. Learn More