Law of Policing Conference
November 2020Purchase Recording
Catch-up on critical information – on your own time.
The 11th Annual Law of Policing Conference, Western Canada Edition took place November 4–5, 2020. Our outstanding faculty share insights on the most compelling topics impacting their daily lives and practices. See a snapshot of the event below then purchase the recording to watch at your convenience.
R. Kyle Friesen
General Counsel, Legal Services
Surrey Police Service
Ronald J. MacDonald, Q.C.
Chief Civilian Director
Independent Investigations Office of BC
The Honourable Wally Oppal, Q.C.
Boughton Law Corporation
MLA, Powell River-Sunshine Coast
Government of British Columbia
Deputy Chief, Operations Division
Vancouver Police Department
BC First Nations Justice Council
Director, Pacific Region
National Police Federation
- Transitioning from RCMP to Municipal Services
- Responding to Civil Disobedience
- Reforming the British Columbia Police Act
- Establishing New Standards for Independent Investigations
- Analyzing the Level of Police Involvement in Wellness Checks
- Evolving Search and Seizure Laws in the Tech World
- Protecting Privacy Rights
- Professional Responsibility in a Virtual Courtroom
Look at our 2020 conference agenda to discover the informative topics discussed at this event