Thank you to everyone who joined us in Surrey!
We look forward to meeting you next year for two days of balanced perspectives on the most critical challenges affecting law enforcement, legal counsel and professional standards in Canada.
ABOUT THIS CONFERENCE
A dynamic look at how policing is progressing in Canada. From the national rollout of Body Worn Cameras and the implementation of DEMS to support it, from amendments to provincial Police Act and firearms legislations to the ongoing commitment to uphold the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, CI’s Annual Conference on the Law of Policing, Western Edition, focuses on the most critical policies and procedures affecting police and law enforcement agencies.
Join two days of balanced perspectives on the most pressing issues facing police services, police associations, police boards, independent police oversight agencies, and their counsel. If this is your first time attending or if you are a returning delegate, we look forward to seeing you soon!
This conference program can be applied towards the substantive hours and professionalism hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
A Must Attend Event For
- Police Commissioners, Chiefs, Superintendents, and their Counsel
- Professional Standards Directors and Investigators
- Executives of Police Associations and their Counsel
- Senior Law Enforcement Officers
- Police Discipline Adjudicators
- Criminal Law Practitioners
- Crown Attorneys
- Members of the Plaintiff Bar
- City Solicitors
- Government Policy Drafters
OUR 2024 PROGRAM IS IN DEVELOPMENT
Take a look at the lineup of speakers and event highlights from our 2023 event:
2023 Conference Co-Chairs
Director, Legal Services
Calgary Police Service
R. Kyle Friesen, O.O.M
General Counsel, Legal Services
Surrey Police Service
Fiona Wilson, M.O.M
Deputy Chief Constable
Vancouver Police Service
Director Pacific/North Region
National Police Federation
Chief Legal Technology Counsel
British Columbia Prosecution Services
Delta Police Department
Surrey Police Service
2023 CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS
- Defining the Threshold for Laying Charges Against Officers
- The Latest National Perspectives on Firearms Legislative Reforms
- DEMS Digital Evidence Management Systems and Electronic Disclosure
- Drug Decriminalization in BC and the Potential Implications for Other Provinces
- How to Manage Emerging Challenges with the Integration of Body Worn Cameras (BWC)
It was a great conference with a wide variety of relevant topics discussed throughout, including the workshops. Thank you for your work in putting this together!
It was very well organized. A good variety of obviously knowledge presenters. Topics were interesting. Venue was great.
I found the conference interesting and informative.
Excellent experience, mixture of presenters. Panel discussion was engaging.
Very well planned and executed. Timely relevant information and great speakers.
Good experience that was informative. Excellent networking opportunity.