BIG CHANGES ARE COMING FOR POLICE SERVICES
The traditional policing landscape is rapidly changing. In addition to issues such as police discipline and civil liability, police forces are now also regularly addressing demands that fall far beyond their customary functions. Increased public scrutiny, the need to build strong relationships with local and national media to manage crisis, ensuring the mental health and well-being of members, and building strong relationships with various stakeholders are only a few of the realities that police services across Canada have been contending with.
Join us at The Canadian Institute’s 7th annual conference on The Law of Policing for two days of balanced, current presentations on the most pressing issues facing police forces, police associations, police boards, and the bar. Gain knowledge about best practices and obtain advice on implementing these practices in your organization.
- Obtain in-depth updates and analysis on important police discipline cases and civil litigation against police services
- Hear about the labour relations considerations surrounding mental health in the workplace
- Discuss effective police governance and enhance positive relationships with your police services board
- Review proposed changes to Ontario’s Police Services Act and what these changes may mean going forward
- Hear from police leaders on the future of policing
and much more!
Don’t miss this outstanding annual event. Register today by using our convenient online registration system, by calling 1-877-927-7936, emailing us or registering online.