Providing effective government services starts at the top with strategic planning and bold decision-making to better serve citizens. As digital solutions continue to open doors to innovative approaches, public sector leaders are seeking out new ways to ensure services are more efficient, accessible and customized for users.
GovConnect Federal offers an exclusive, invitation-only platform for heads of information management and public sector transformation across the GoC to delve into the hot topics affecting their department.
Our dynamic roundtable sessions facilitate peer-to-peer learning opportunities and meaning dialogue to help set the stage for pursuing digital transformation and modernization goals. Learn from past mistakes and collaborate on best practices to turn your vision for the future of government into reality.
COLLABORATE WITH TRANSFORMATIONAL THOUGHT LEADERS
Director, Collaboration Solutions, Chief Information Office ,
Shared Services Canada
Social Media and Care Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Director General, Planning, Operations and Information Branch, Canadian Forest Service,
Natural Resources Canada
Director, Digital Services Enablement,
Faculty, Digital Academy,
Canada School of Public Service
Public Services and Procurement Canada
Chief Information Officer and Director General,Information Technology Services Department ,
Public Service Commission of Canada
Shifting Toward an Agile Culture
- Building digital dexterity and exploring foundational concepts for digital transformation in a government context
- Unpacking examples of the Government of Canada’s 10 Digital Standards
- Discussion – prioritization and importance of these standards in your work environment and how to apply
AI and Automated Decision Making
- The role of AI in IT operations and the existing opportunities and challenges
- What are the implications of machine learning and disruptive technologies?
Designing a Mobile Workforce
- Weaving flexibility into the delivery of programs and services
- Mobilizing the diversity of talent and putting employee experience first
- How to adapt work settings and leverage modern tools to improve quality of output
Cyber Security and Privacy
- Managing the balancing act of open government and the protection of privacy
- Taking a proactive approach by designing services with security and privacy in mind
- Allow secure sharing of information by assessing internal and external threats and identifying susceptible areas
Digital Transformation and the Challenge of Organizational Culture
- GoC’s strategy for adopting cloud computing in the delivery of IT services
- Understanding cloud-based solutions and data governance strategies for effective analytics
- Using cloud services to keep up with changing policy and minimize infrastructure costs
See Why 671+ Professionals Attend Each Year
It was a wonderful format! The roundtable discussions being the primary vehicle, helps support my position of advocacy and helped convince several people to change their views on cloud adoption and working in the open.
I found this event very interesting, as I do every year. It’s an excellent opportunity to consider topics in a way that our busy work schedules often don’t allow. I always look forward to the presentations and conversations at these events.
Ottawa Marriott Hotel
100 Kent Street, Ottawa, ON K1P 5R7