Virtual Event Specialist
CI is hiring an enthusiastic professional to join the team. The Virtual Event Specialist will be responsible for supporting the event operations for large-scale hybrid & online events held domestically and internationally by C5 Group Inc. This includes managing the logistics, and technology for seamless execution of online events. The position will be a critical, contributing team member working closely with the internal teams including training and overseeing the communication of updates to the virtual platform & processes.
The Canadian Institute (CI) is devoted to providing the business intelligence that decision makers need to respond to challenges both here in Canada, and around the world. The Canadian Institute operates as a think tank, monitoring trends and developments in all major industry sectors, the law, and public policy, with a view to providing information on the leading edge. Headquartered in Toronto, CI has grown to produce more than 140 events each year, attended by thousands of senior delegates from across the country.
- Manages and oversees the logistics, technology, and seamless execution of online events using the C5 model. Virtual events include meetings, webinars, conferences, inclusive of multi-day, multi-track, concurrent sessions, breakouts, virtual expos and more.
- Lead the training of internal staff on C5’s virtual platform, currently Hopin
- Collaborate with other Managers and Events Director to develop virtual events
- Manage and resolve client escalations quickly
- Track event issues with delegates and report to Senior Management on a regular basis to help drive event focus and efficiencies
- Work with the Events Team in the creation and improvement of event processes and ensure proper internal and external communication for hybrid events
- Manage the logistics of the livestream delivery for all hybrid events
- Provide coaching and direction to speakers & staff, including scheduling & managing all technical briefings in preparation for virtual events
- Manage all email and chat notifications & troubleshooting on the day of the events
- Work with existing event vendors to oversee quality of service and escalate as needed to correct technical difficulties
- Oversee the management of OBS when livestreaming all hybrid events
- Acquire and maintain a strong working knowledge of the virtual platform industry and keep apprised of its trends and best practices
- Ensure to stay in close communications with each Conference Team to ensure sharing and implementation of best practices
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in customer facing roles.
- Knowledge of the Hopin platform, or other virtual event delivery platforms is an asset.
- Superior attention to detail, demonstrated success in building out and overseeing tools and process change.
- Strong internal relationship and rapport building skills.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent presentation and remote training/onboarding skills.
- Positive attitude and deep customer service orientation. Fundamentals include being friendly and engaging, professional, reliable, responsive and proactive.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Able to keep composure and make independent decisions in stressful situations.
- Solves problems using existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information, continually evaluates industry best practices.
- Provides creative insights and/or solutions to address client/organizational challenges.
The Canadian Institute(CI) values the diversity (all the ways in which we are different) of our colleagues. As an equal opportunity employer, we promote this diversity and ensure that persons are recruited, hired, assigned, and promoted without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, veteran’s status, age, gender identity, disability, familial status, pregnancy, or any other trait protected by law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, veteran’s status, age, gender identity, disability, familial status, pregnancy, or any other trait protected by law.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] (please include your salary requirements)
No Phone Calls Please. Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted. American Conference Institute is part of an international group of companies with offices in the US and Canada and is an equal opportunity employer.
Remote (Canada Based)
Interested in joining the team?
If so, please submit your resume to [email protected]