American Conference Institute (ACI) is devoted to providing the business intelligence that decision makers need to respond to challenges both here in the US, and around the world. American Conference Institute operates as a think tank, monitoring trends and developments in all major industry sectors, the law, and public policy, with a view to providing information on the leading edge. Headquartered in New York City, ACI has grown to produce more than 140 events each year, attended by thousands of senior delegates from across the country.
Responsible for the development, planning, budgeting and implementation of integrated business-to-business marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate will be both analytical and creative and have the ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a timely manner.
- Create the marketing strategy and develop marketing plans accordingly. Coordinate and execute ongoing marketing initiatives;
- Execute ALL aspects of direct marketing from: target market segmentation; internal database selections; social media; list rentals or exchanges; brochure design and printing; website postings; event online listings; media partner acquisition; PR & additional event exposure; coordination of all mailing, email and telesales efforts included in the marketing mix Developing and managing a budget for each specific marketing campaign;
- Developing and managing a budget for each specific marketing campaign;
- Conduct thorough market analysis (including but not limited to: internal data analysis of previous events and external research);
- Analysis of customer research, current market conditions and competitor information;
- Demonstrate marked passion, enthusiasm and innovation for the role;
- Work with our internal database to select and segment target groups;
- Work with the in-house desktop publishing department to design conference marketing creative pieces and print advertisements;
- Work directly with external suppliers (mail house, creative agencies, email marketing providers to coordinate creative campaigns, mail dates etc.);
- Drive engagement and growth across social media channels;
- Identifying promotional opportunities and relationships & negotiating marketing partnerships or discounts on external advertising/insertions;
- Assessing current and prospective customer retention and acquisition strategies;
- Developing media relations with local media and targeted trade publications in order to raise the profile of the conference;
- Conducting market research, identification of industry trends, and monitoring competitive industry events.
- B2B conference marketing experience;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Solid numeric abilities and experience with quantitative analysis;
- Highly motivated, proactive and problem solver;
- Communicate effectively, drive execution and foster innovation;
- Strong sense of urgency and results orientation;
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and writing skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with and relate to all levels both within and outside the organization;
- Excellent negotiation and relationship building skills;
- Customer focused;
- Strong research skills;
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- College degree or equivalent (Marketing or Business degree or equivalent preferred).
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- College degree or equivalent (Marketing or Business degree or equivalent preferred)
- Approximately 2-3 years’ experience in conference marketing or related field
- Excellent computer skills (including MS Word, Excel)
- Database experience required;
- B2B conference marketing experience in a must.
American Conference Institute (ACI) values the diversity (all the ways in which we are different) of our colleagues. As an equal opportunity employer, we promote this diversity and ensure that persons are recruited, hired, assigned, and promoted without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, veteran’s status, age, gender identity, disability, familial status, pregnancy, or any other trait protected by law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] (please include your salary requirements)
No Phone Calls Please. Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted. American Conference Institute is part of an international group of companies with offices in the US and Canada and is an equal opportunity employer.
New York City
Interested in joining the team?
If so, please submit your resume to [email protected]