Marketing & Event Operations Coordinator
The Marketing & Event Operations Coordinator, is responsible for supporting the marketing and event operations for a portfolio of large-scale events. This includes contributing to the development of digital campaigns, creative initiatives, providing website support, and supporting social media and email marketing initiatives as well as speaker management and event operations support (managing PowerPoint presentations submissions, printer vendors and shipping coordination).
Reporting to an ADM, the role involves working closely with the marketing, events and production teams to support the launch, marketing campaign, management and execution of large client-owned events. The role requires top-level customer service skills and direct contact with a variety of client organizations.
The Canadian Institute (CI) is devoted to providing the business intelligence that decision makers need to respond to challenges both here in the US, and around the world. The Canadian Institute operates as a think tank, monitoring trends and developments in all major industry sectors, the law, and public policy, with a view to providing information on the leading edge. Headquartered in Toronto, CI has grown to produce more than 140 events each year, attended by thousands of senior delegates from across the country.
- Speaker management support to the production team, including ongoing direct communication with Conference Speakers to help coordinate speaker agreements, presentation materials, travel arrangements and prep calls.
- Assist with event preparation requirements as needed (i.e. registration materials, name tags, tent cards, attendee materials, printing needs, shipping requirements and master file management).
- Participate in virtual conference preparation and execution, including scheduling technical briefings with speakers, virtual platform creative and construction.
- Assist with web site content updates – submission, review, quality assurance and marketing collateral review to ensure all team edits have been made and are consistent with each client’s style guide.
- Assist with on-site requirements such as signage, PowerPoint management, onsite collateral, Hopin, etc.
- Work closely with Sponsorship team to help coordinate exhibitor onsite requirements and support sponsorship marketing initiatives as per guidance of the ADM.
- Support the coordination and execution of digital marketing efforts, email marketing campaigns and parallel communication campaigns to confirmed speakers, sponsors and attendees.
- Assist with content marketing initiatives, event/media partnership agreements, list research projects and press agreements when needed.
- Other responsibilities based on business need.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Strong Microsoft office skills, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to interact and work with all levels within the organization
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple and simultaneous related projects and programs in a changing business environment
- Ability to manage changing priorities in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work independently when dealing with clients, speakers, suppliers and internal colleagues
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task requests
- Well-honed time management skills
- 1-2 years relevant marketing experience and/or event coordinating experience strongly preferred
- 1-2 years corporate office experience
- Experience with virtual platforms preferred
- Occasional travel is required
- Experience with Adobe products is an asset
- Occasional lifting (20 to 30 lbs) is required when receiving shipments, managing Events promotional inventory and for conference preparation.
- Standard office environment and working hours
- Remote home-office(temporary)
The C5 Group of companies consisting of The Canadian Institute(CI) and American Conference Institute (ACI) values the diversity (all the ways in which we are different) of our colleagues. As an equal opportunity employer, we promote this diversity and ensure that persons are recruited, hired, assigned, and promoted without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, veteran’s status, age, gender identity, disability, familial status, pregnancy, or any other trait protected by law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] (please include your salary requirements)
No Phone Calls Please. Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted. American Conference Institute is part of an international group of companies with offices in Canada and Europe and is an equal opportunity employer.
Remote (Toronto, Canada)
Interested in joining the team?
If so, please submit your resume to [email protected]