Conference Producer – Food Innovation Launch Events
C5 Group is a highly respected conference company and is expanding our team! We are seeking a Conference Producer to research, develop and execute a brand-new portfolio of launch events focused on Food Innovation. You’ll be integral to building out a new portfolio from scratch, whilst simultaneously transforming the global food system to be healthier and more sustainable.
Our Mission with this new portfolio is to support industry collaboration to accelerate innovation; creating a healthier and more sustainable future for the food system. As we work towards this mission, we need innovative and entrepreneurial professionals to join our small but growing team.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, enthusiastic, and a quick learner who possesses excellent multi-tasking and organizational abilities. We’re looking for employees who will thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment, where you’ll be able to learn a lot and make a major contribution!
Although C5 Group is well-established in many verticals, in this role we’ll be building out a new portfolio of events. This means we don’t have an established database to of contacts to call on or long running events to manage, so if the prospect of building an engaged network from the ground up excites rather than scares you then we’d love to hear from you! Let’s build the future of food together!
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an event operations logistics or marketing role but a research-based project management role.
- Managing all aspects of development and implementation of conference programming, delivering projects to tight deadlines.
- Conducting telephone and in person research within a target market to develop conference agendas.
- Analyzing research and using critical thinking to develop inspirational conference agendas in various food innovation areas that meet unmet market needs.
- Identifying, inviting and confirming high-level, expert speakers for conferences.
- Writing marketing copy for promotional conference brochures and other mailing pieces.
- Conducting ongoing research within the food industry to further your industry knowledge and validate potential new conference ideas;
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with key professionals, industry leaders, senior executives and media within the food industry to gain buy in from the industry.
- Responsible for all aspects of the campaign to ensure the commercial success and profitability of conferences.
- Working with and supporting a cross-functional team to communicate a compelling vision and ensure successful marketing and sponsorship of conferences.
- Developing advanced briefing documents for Marketing and Sales, summarizing the findings of your research, equipping them with the necessary knowledge to ensure the financial success of your event.
- Attending and overseeing conferences, including providing opening introduction, speaker assistance and support.
- Entrepreneurial with a strong work ethic and ability to work under pressure.
- Confident and comfortable with calling and engaging with senior executives.
- Ability to rapidly develop a competent knowledge on a diverse range of topics.
- Able to identify connections between ideas which may not be immediately obvious.
- Ability to conduct in-depth research via telephone, in person and online.
- Excellent networking and information gathering abilities
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior level executives
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with and relate to all levels both within and outside the organization
- Engaging, professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Superior oral and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Deadline and results-oriented
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Enthusiastic with a strong desire to succeed
- Ability to analyze ideas from a commercial perspective
- A personal or professional interest in sustainability, food technology and innovation, plant-based proteins and/or food system transformation would be ideal!
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced Degree, such as JD or MBA preferred
- Skill and experience using word processing programs, email and the internet to perform daily job functions efficiently
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally (10% travel)
The C5 Group of companies consisting of The Canadian Institute (CI) and American Conference Institute (ACI) values the diversity (all the ways in which we are different) of our colleagues. As an equal opportunity employer, we promote this diversity and ensure that persons are recruited, hired, assigned, and promoted without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, veteran’s status, age, gender identity, disability, familial status, pregnancy, or any other trait protected by law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] (please include your salary requirements)
No Phone Calls Please. Only those candidates who meet our qualifications will be contacted. American Conference Institute is part of an international group of companies with offices in Canada and Europe and is an equal opportunity employer.
Remote (Toronto, Canada)
Interested in joining the team?
If so, please submit your resume to [email protected]