Bolstering Economic and Resource Development – Highlighting the North Klondike Highway Project
Director, Highways and Public Works
Transportation Engineering Branch, Yukon Government
- Discussion on the NTCF fund and summary of both applications
- Outlining plans and timelines for upgrading a 200km sections of the North Klondike highway that will improve safety, support economic opportunities and trade
- Recent funding announcements for reconstruction and technology to gather data on permafrost and weather to gauge maintenance needs and remediation costs
- How is the road being upgraded to be more resilient to climate change and thawing permafrost?
- Employment opportunities for construction, maintenance