Canada’s longest running forum on Anti-Money Laundering is back for its 16th year to bring you the latest developments in AML compliance, as well as new content on financial crime.
Almost a year after the release of the amended general regulations under PCMLTFA
, the 16th Annual Forum on Anti-Money Laundering and Financial Crime on May 9-10, 2017
, will be the perfect opportunity to take stock of your implementation strategy, check-in with industry peers, and gain some last-minute clarifications from key regulators before the amendments come into force in June 2017.
It’s been a busy twelve months in AML compliance, with the finish line soon to be in sight. Don’t stumble now! Ensure you are fully prepared to implement current amendments and stay on top of regulations in the pipeline with updates from FINTRAC and OSFI
. Building on last year’s successful ‘Q&A with the Regulators
’ segment, you will once again have the opportunity to submit your questions anonymously, in advance.
New this year
: Interactive peer-to-peer sessions, designed to give you a more indepth conference experience. Network with your industry peers as you discuss the best practices for implementing the new KYC and PEP amendments
. Become your own auditor, as you conduct a self-assessment exercise that will lay bare any vulnerabilities in your risk management framework before disaster strikes!
But the learning doesn’t end there, as we explore new and perennial issues in AML with our expert speaking faculty:
- All the tools you need to fully implement Bill C-31 by June
- Understanding real estate fraud, knowing how to spot it and how to fight it
- Challenges and opportunities of new technologies: how to harness it and how to manage its inherent risks?
- Reframing your compliance team as a value center, rather than a cost center and securing board buy-in
- First-hand, direct case studies from law enforcement officers that improve your ability to identify patterns and anticipate financial crime with STRs
Join us for a unique conference experience packed with actionable advice, practical insights and peer-to-peer networking. Register now to reserve your place!