Sanctions – Best practices for preventing transactions from falling through the cracks
Senior Vice-President, Head of Corporate and Canadian Banking Compliance
Bank of Nova Scotia
Senior Manager, Sanctions Compliance
BMO Financial Group
- Emerging trends in sanctions compliance
- Can you still be caught by sanctions if you are only indirectly involved in a transaction as a correspondent bank?
- Beyond the list – How far do you have to go in determining whether an entity or individual involved in a transaction is subject to sanctions?
- Using multiple lines of defense to manage your risk
- Dealing with terrorist financing
- Operationalizing sanctions enforcement over multiple jurisdictions
- Addressing the dual challenges of transaction volume and publicly available information
- Penalties for non-compliance
- The future of EDD – ensuring that you are not dealing with sanctioned persons