Workshop B — What Advertisers and Their Counsel Need to Know About Privacy Laws: Understanding How New Privacy Legislation in the EU, USA and Canada are Impacting Canadian Advertising
Head of Policy and Regulatory Affairs
Interactive Advertising Bureau of Canada
Osler Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
This session is offered in person only.
In this workshop, our speakers will cover all major changes in privacy law and explain how this impacts advertising and marketing practices.
- Understanding how changes in privacy laws a direct impact on advertising and marketing practices have
- How to ensure that your customer data collection policies are fully compliant
- Implementing Quebec’s Bill 64 into your organization’s customer data collection policies
- Identifying the gaps between current privacy legislation and Bill 64 relative to customer data protection
- Calculating fines and penalties for customer data breaches
- Delving into new standards for gaining customer consent
- Defining clear, free, and informed consent to collect, use, and communicate with customer data
- Implementing processor agreements for third-party usage of customer data