Thank You to All Delegates, Partners & Speakers
For a Wonderful Event
The Canadian Institute’s 22nd Annual Advertising & Marketing Law Conference was held on January 19-20, 2016 at the Pantages Hotel in Toronto.
Those who braved the snowy winter weather were treated to a wonderful introductory address from former Interim Privacy Commissioner Chantal Bernier on Digital Marketing in a Connected World, setting the stage for the rest of the conference. Two packed days of interactive sessions provided wonderful opportunities for discussion about how advertising and marketing law is adapting to the rise of digital communication and big data, and how legal professionals are facing upcoming challenges.
The conference was capably chaired by Bill Hearn, Partner at Fogler Rubinoff LLP and well-recognized expert in advertising & marketing law, and Maria Tesla, Vice President and General Counsel of Canon Canada Inc. They were joined by a contingent of leading in-house counsel and top private practice lawyers, comprising the largest faculty ever recruited at this long-running event, as well as a luncheon address on the first day of the conference from Aldo Cundari, Chairman & CEO of Cundari Group Ltd.
Couldn’t be there in person? We’ve got you covered!
Sign up for our archived webcast and experience the sessions virtually.
With multiple session streams to provide a range of topic choices, the conference covered the most critical issues in today’s marketing world, including:
- The rise of programmatic advertising and how to make the most of big data while managing increasing privacy and data collection compliance
- Native advertising, influencers and the intellectual property issues arising with digital and social media campaigns
- American perspectives on competition, pricing and performance claims, online behavioural advertising and privacy concerns
- Modern co-branding and other third party marketing arrangements, including sponsorship and professional endorsement contracts
– Caroline Lutes, Conference Producer, The Canadian Institute