Junior Web Developer
Toronto, ON (Near Bay and Bloor)
Job Title: Junior Web Developer
The Jr. Web Developer is primarily responsible for the creation and maintenance of C5 Group Inc.’s event websites for our global locations in Toronto, New York and London (UK) as well as any 3rd party associations we partner with. It is a fast-paced environment, with 100’s of events going online per year, all requiring a high degree of accuracy in support of our international customers. In addition to the public facing websites, this role is also responsible for the maintenance of our internal project-tracking website FST (which is a secure PHP site). Communication with the team is key. This role is behind the scenes; supporting and aiding the other developers in their tasks. They will receive tickets/tasks directly from internal stakeholders (Marketing/Production) and be the point of communication for that project by using Best Practices and expert skills.
- Content management of our heavily customized WordPress website
- Image creation / editing for web
- Ensure content is developed for SEO
- QA testing of websites for functionality and usability
- Monitor performance, maintenance, site usage and logs, site security, and troubleshoot errors
- Support the web team and key stakeholders on day-to-day initiatives, in a backend support role.
- Other tasks based on business need such a server and hosting related issues.
- Work closely with peers on the team, as part of this non-client facing role, on joint projects as they receive directions from internal stakeholders.
Qualifications and Education:
- 1-2 years of experience in basic web development
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- University Graduate in Computer Science or Diploma in Web Design and Programming
- Experience in using the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of tools
- Experience in object-oriented design and development, PHP and MySQL would be a bonus
- Experience in developing WordPress themes using responsive frameworks
- Experience in developing responsive emails and landing pages
- Some knowledge of, or familiarity with, the Git version control system
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and consistently meet deadlines
- Accuracy (Mistakes should bother you)
- Good overall communication skills for ongoing verbal and written contact with Team members/peers
- Enjoy working with team of professionals who will challenge ideas
- Positive and constructive “can do” attitude
- Demonstrated team player (Our team is awesome!)
- Responsible and accountable
Interested in joining the team? If so, please submit your resume to [email protected]