Toronto, ON (near Bay and Bloor)
About Our Company
The Canadian Institute, a global organization with affiliates in New York and London, UK, has for over 30 years been one of Canada’s leading providers of conferences and related products to senior leaders in the legal, business, and government sectors.
With offices in Toronto, New York and London (UK), our talented team of professionals believe that growth and success occur when the power of people and the power of information come together. This position will be based out of our Toronto office. http://www.canadianinstitute.com/
This position provides support for the Event team and plays an integral role in dealing with attendees and the Customer Service Team through the Event RSVP process – distribution of invitations, managing attendee lists and overseeing the communication of weekly updates of attendees to marketing and production teams. The position also requires ongoing communication with Conference Speakers to secure their presentation and materials in a timely fashion. The event team relies heavily on this role for organization of files (hard and soft copy), print items required for events (place cards, nametags, agendas, conference information), ordering of the stock on promotional items, and shipping and tracking of event related items.
- Direct communication with Conference Speakers for all their presentation materials and travel arrangements.
- Custom orders of promotional items as required.
- Act as Customer Service liaison for Event RSVP’s, including managing the onsite list.
- Assist event managers with event preparation requirements, specifically name tags, table cards, binder assembly (if required), shipping requirements and master file management.
- Work closely with Sponsorship Coordinator regarding exhibitor onsite requirements.
- Conducts event venue searches as requested by the Event Manager.
- Ability to manage changing priorities in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work independently when dealing with suppliers and the customer service team and also when resolving accounting-related issues
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task requests
- Well-honed time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional interpersonal skills
Education & Qualifications
- 2 years corporate office experience is required.
- Event coordinating experience strongly preferred.
- Must have advanced computer skills, specifically with Word (for general correspondence, agendas, place cards), Excel (for RSVP lists, function sheets, contact sheets) and PowerPoint (for presentation, invitations, nametags).
- Occasional lifting (20 to 30 lbs) is required when receiving shipments and managing Events promotional inventory.
- Limited travel is required.
- Experience with Adobe products is an asset.
Interested in joining the team? If so, please submit your persuasive cover letter and resume to