Delegate Sales Representative
Are you a sales professional who enjoys and flourishes in telephone-based sales? If so, this is the job for you! The Canadian Institute, a global organization with affiliates in New York and London, UK, has for over 30 years been one of Canada’s leading providers of conferences and related products to senior leaders in the legal, business, government and energy sectors.
Reporting to the Delegate Sales Team Lead, the Delegate Sales Representative will be responsible for executing all stages of the sales cycle, from lead generation, initial and follow up contacts with the clients, to closing the registrations. Our Sales Representatives benefit from interacting with a high caliber client base from top companies across Canada, along with gaining knowledge of different industries within a short period of time. This position includes the potential opportunity for commission.
- Contact nominated prospects via telephone and make presentations clearly, explaining the benefits of specific conferences.
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with past and prospective clients
- Lead generation – research and identify relevant prospects to convert into conference attendees
- Execute all stages of the sales cycle, from lead generation (leads are also provided by the marketing department), initial and follow up contacts with the clients, to closing the registration
- Initiate additional business opportunities during campaigns, including:
- selling to additional and/or alternative prospects
- cross-selling other CI events
- Follow up on incoming sales inquiries, and undertake necessary steps to achieve the sale.
- Provide updates to all departments as required on progress of the conferences.
- Other responsibilities based on business need.
Education & Qualifications
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal, with 3-5 years of experience, preferably with telephone-based sales.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced sales environment with a proven track record of consistently achieving revenue targets;
- A quick learner with intellectual curiosity with the ability to understand different markets and subject matter quickly;
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks and deadlines, as well as keep accurate records;
- A go-getter with the ability to work in a very autonomous environment.