Toronto, ON (Near Bay and Bloor)
Are you a curious and passionate journalist who wants to succeed? Do you possess excellent networking, research, writing and project management skills? If so, then read on.
Based out of Toronto, and reporting to the Director of Production, the role will be responsible for the development of intellectual content and programming of conferences in fast-evolving industry sectors.
The Canadian Institute, a global organization with affiliates in New York and London (UK), has for over 30 years been one of Canada’s leading providers of conferences and related products to senior leaders in the rapidly changing legal, business, and government sectors. Our talented team of conference production professionals believe that growth and success occur when the power of people and the power of information come together.
***Note that this is not an Event Planning position***
- Conducting telephone and in person research within a target market to develop conference agendas;
- Analyzing research and using critical thinking to develop commercial conference programs in various business and legal sectors that meet the stated needs of the market;
- Identifying, inviting and confirming appropriate speakers for conferences;
- Writing marketing copy for promotional conference brochures and other mailing pieces;
- Conducting ongoing research within an assigned area to further your industry knowledge and develop potential new conference ideas;
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key professionals, industry leaders, senior executives and media within relevant vertical markets;
- Attending and overseeing conferences, including providing opening introduction
- Other responsibilities based on business need
Education & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ experience in Journalism
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree is an asset
- A journalist background is required
- Conference industry experience is an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to stakeholders at all levels
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally (approximately 10% travel)
- French is an asset
Interested in joining the team? If so, please submit your resume to [email protected]