A Comprehensive Overview of US Sanctions and Their Extra-Territorial Application – What Every Compliance Professional Needs to Know When Transacting and Trading in US Dollars
Bridget Van Buren
Sanctions Compliance Officer Sanctions Compliance & Evaluation - OFAC
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Changes to America’s foreign policy may cause ripple effects in all industries regulated by OFAC. Take part in this interactive workshop to ensure that your and your compliance team’s knowledge of current US sanctions regulations is timely and accurate.
- Identifying the main players – agencies, laws, and lists to keep on your radar
- A primer on Russian sectoral sanctions – who is affected and how are these sanctions being enforced?
- An analysis of the on-the-ground consequences of US withdrawal from the Iran nuclear pact
- Mitigating your exposure to potential risk in the era of “smart” sanctions – how targeted sanctions increase your risk profile
- Devising and implementing your sanctions screening program
- Auditing your organization’s current capabilities and identifying potential gaps in analysis
- Integrating sanctions compliance across your other departments
- Case studies – real-world takeaways from examples of recent OFAC enforcement