Workshop B | A Step-by-Step Guide to Enforcing Contractual Obligations
Maged Abdelsayed, ing., M.Sc.
Partner - Capital Projects
Senior Manager - Capital Projects
(Registration opens at 5:30 pm)
Construction projects face continual challenges that arise from budget, schedule and scope constraints. These obstacles are amplified by conflicting stakeholder interests, contractual risks, evolving technology and other external factors. Frequent causes of dispute include scope changes, differing site conditions, suspension of work, delays and design errors or omissions.
This workshop will provide participants with a variety of practical real-life examples of how to prepare a claim effectively and how it will be presented with the goal of ensuring equitable payment, in accordance with the contract.
- Developing the right claims strategy for you and your organization
- Developing a claim plan – scheduling, budgeting, and allocating resources
- Roles and responsibilities of the project manager, lawyers, and construction professionals
- Managing information – identifying the critical data you need, as well as the information that you are missing
- Documentation and communication best practices
- Analyzing impacts of your quantification methods