BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
CONSTRUCTION PROFESSIONALS ACROSS CENTRAL CANADA ARE FACING NOT ONLY THE PERENNIAL CHALLENGES THAT COME WITH PROJECT DEVELOPMENT, BUT ALSO THE CHANGES TO ONTARIO’S LEGAL LANDSCAPE WITH THE EXPECTED ADOPTION OF THE NEW CONSTRUCTION ACT.
The Canadian Institute is proud to present the 3rd edition of Managing Risk in Construction Contracts and Projects – an event specifically designed to give construction specialists the practical takeaways they need to reduce the risk of litigation, improve communication and collaboration, and effectively manage contract disputes. Join our distinguished faculty in Toronto, February 6th and 7th, for a conference that will provide critical legal and practical strategies to see projects to a successful conclusion.
Hear accomplished counsel, project managers, mediators, and contract specialists from a variety of public and private organizations on such topics as:
- Preventative thinking and early risk management – addressing project risk before the contract is even signed
- Essentials of drafting and negotiating clear and precise contracts
- Managing risk effectively and equitably when involved in a P3 project
- In-depth analysis of the Construction Act – anticipated effects of the changes to liens, holdbacks, and the introduction of the adjudication system
- Economic overview – what are the broad trends that will be affecting the construction sector in 2018?
Don’t miss this opportunity to ensure that you and your team are prepared for Ontario’s new legal and commercial realities. Reserve your space today by calling 1-877-927-7936 or register online at CanadianInstitute.com/ConstructionRiskEast/
Legal Conference Producer
TOP REASONS TO ATTEND:
- In-depth examination of the legal and commercial consequences of Ontario’s new Construction Act
- Practical advice from a cross-section of Central Canada’s esteemed construction professionals
- Forward-looking presentations on the economic and technological trends the construction sector should anticipate in 2018
- Essential case law updates focusing on the most important developments in Canada’s construction landscape
Enhance your learning by attending our Pre-Conference Workshops:A) Alternative Dispute Resolution Master Class B) A Step-by-Step Guide to Enforcing Contractual Obligations Hear from Seasoned Professionals from:
- FTI Consulting
- Infrastructure Ontario
- Aecon Group Inc.
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- Aird & Berlis LLP
- Tread, Inc.
- Crosslinx Transit Solutions
- Revay and Associates Limited
…and many others!
Old Mill Toronto
21 Old Mill Rd Toronto, ON, M8X 1G5