CI is pleased to announce the dates for our 22nd Annual Environmental Law & Regulation West conference. Join the discussion, and walk away better able to navigate this ever-changing landscape. Join us in Calgary on June 14 & 15, 2017 for this widely anticipated annual event that brings together leading experts from government, business and the legal world, to discuss the latest developments in the area and their practical implication for businesses, the energy industry and the economy as a whole.
Book now for the lowest price!
Save $600 & Pay Only $1595*
Special pricing for government and non-profit
There have been substantial recent developments in environmental law and regulation in Canada at both the Federal and Provincial levels, having potentially serious impacts on business in general and the energy industry in particular. Attend this conference to stay on top of these latest developments, clear up uncertainty as to where the law is heading and discover best practices for responding to the challenges and opportunities presented due to this rapidly evolving area of law.
Join us and gain invaluable knowledge and practical advice on key issues, including:
- Practical implications of evolving environmental laws and regulations on the energy industry and the economy
- Future of Alberta’s energy economy in the era of Alberta’s climate leadership plan
- Evolving environmental approval framework for projects
- Environmental risk & liability mitigation best practices
- The role that Aboriginal rights play in project development and the new paradigm in Indigenous participation
- Dealing with the coal phase-put and how to best transition to green tech and renewables
- Maintaining a globally competitive industry subject to provincial and federal carbon taxes
- Latest innovations in oil sands technology to improve climate performance
- Future of pipelines and infrastructure development in Western Canada
Confirmed speaker: Gerard Protti, Chair of the Alberta Energy Regulator
Don’t miss this one-of-a-kind informative event – Register today!
*$600 savings applies to the regular conference fee at the time of registration. Pay only $1595 or $895 for government and non-profit employees by March 3, 2017. Regular conference fee is $2195 or $1495 for government and non-profit. Savings does not apply to live webcast or workshop fees and cannot be combined with any other offer or group rates