Workshop B | Real-Life Outcomes — Productivity Excellence During Shutdowns, Turnarounds, and Outages (STOs)
This workshop will cover quickly employable ways to address 10 top crafts productivity pain points (e.g., walking, waiting, delays, work definition, equipment preparation, permitting), based on STO expert advice and industry feedback received.
Additionally, the workshop will show potential ways to use tools like Lean Core Concepts and Rapid Kaizen to avoid waste and streamline STO execution. These tools drive quick-hit value by implementing “do-now” solutions through waste elimination, and they increase process speed and efficiency through employee (company and contractors) involvement.
Topics covered will include:
- How can energy companies identify waste, reduce downtime, and lower costs during STO execution events?
- How can STO schedules be used as communication tools, and how can meetings be made more effective and efficient?
- What are best strategies for planning and sequencing STOs?
- What are the most useful management tools, and how can they be used to make execution decisions?
- How can best practices from downstream and chemicals be employed across the entire oil and gas value chain?
- How can we combine best-in-class Equipment Maintenance Strategies, within the energy industry and across others, with the STO approach to maximize effectiveness?
Key highlights of this session:Elimination of waste in STOs Reduction of cycle time to execute STOs Reduction of STOs cost Increased margins around STOs