Practical strategies for sound governance for crowns and the public sector
The Canadian Institute’s 14th National Crown Corporate Governance Conference returns to Ottawa on January 29-30, 2019 to bring you the latest developments on achieving board excellence for crown corporations and the public sector. Whether you are a crown corporation or are a public sector entity, join us to gain insights on board diversity, transparency for executive compensation, onboarding new directors, performance evaluations, and more. This conference has been designed to create solutions and offer guidance on the most pressing challenges facing stakeholders today.
Reserve your seat with chairs and board members of leading federal and provincial crown corporations as well as government and public sector executives who will impart knowledge on the political framework for 2019. Achieve the highest-level knowledge and practical solutions on obstacles and challenges impeding board directors today.
Join us to network with key stakeholders, crown, government and public sector leaders, and top academics to tackle core challenges and return to your organization with new insights to achieve your goals and objectives.
REVAMPED AGENDA FEATURING NEW SESSIONS
Practical tools, tips, and strategies on board governance including:
- Improving the onboarding process of hiring and training new directors
- Seamlessly creating a board succession plan with new board members and devising a skills matrix to appoint highly qualified individuals
- Creating board diversity inclusive of race, gender, and disability
- Achieving board excellence through performance evaluations and transparent compensation
- Implementing cybersecurity controls in the crown corporation context
Interactive sessions including:
- Town-hall Q&A session on the most pressing challenges facing board members
- Case study on the province of Saskatchewan and the structural makeup of its reporting paradigm
- A deep dive on the creation of a new crown corporation – case study on the Canada Infrastructure Bank
- A top-level view on managing enterprise risk relative to environmental, reputational, and corporate harm