Regulatory and technological changes are driving innovation and adaptation in Canada’s payments industry. Is your team prepared to take the lead in employing modern and effective payments compliance strategies?
The Canadian Institute is proud to present our 14th Annual Forum on Payments Compliance and Innovation — an event specifically designed to give your financial institution, retailer, or card provider the crucial information you need to ensure that your payments strategies are remaining compliant while delivering the services your customers and clients have come to expect.
Join your peers in Toronto on February 26 and 27, 2019 for two days of frank discussions on the current and future legal and regulatory frameworks that Canada’s payments professionals will need to negotiate. Hear from regulators and industry associations on the essential updates to payments technologies and cyber security concerns that keep you up at night:
- Building a robust compliance program — Going beyond Marcotte to devise a compliance program that is clear and enforced across all of your organization
- Analyzing of the proposed amendments to the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act 2018
- Looking beyond 2019 and into Canada’s payments future — exploring the possibility of Open Banking
- Knowing your customer — timely strategies to ensure you know who you’re doing business with
- Preventing data breaches and managing the risk of potential cyber security liabilities
- COMBATTING FRAUD IN PAYMENT SYSTEMS
— Due diligence strategies that FRFIs need to have in place in the modern payments landscape
- MOVING TO THE “BANK ACCOUNT MINDSET”
— Aligning your open-loop card policies with those of bank accounts
- MANAGING DATA BREACH RISK
— Practical strategies to protect your customers as well as your reputation