Ensuring Indigenous Consultation Takes Priority
The Canadian Institute’s 13th Annual Eastern Indigenous Consultation & Engagement Conference brings together consultation experts, from across the country, to discuss business priorities and action plans in the wake of the latest federal election. Hear directly from government officials, Indigenous leaders and industry representatives from the natural resource section, to discuss the most pressing issues effecting consultation.
Be in the room to discuss:
- Impacts of the Proposed Impact Assessment Act
- Top Legal Cases to Watch
- Canada’s Recognition and Implementation of Indigenous Rights Framework
- Panel: UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
- Duty to Consult Legislation: Basic Practices and Best Practices
- Contract Writing from MOUs to IBA and Resource Revenue Sharing
This three-day conference is an excellent opportunity for you to meet with Indigenous leaders, as well as fellow attendees from all over Canada, share views, and create an opportunity for networking, collaboration, in a neutral, non-partisan environment.
Stay tuned for more details about our 2020 program.
Who You Will Meet:
Chiefs and Councilors, Senior Executives, Directors and Managers of Indigenous Relations, Internal and External Affairs, Stakeholder Relations, Community Relations, Project Development, Environmental Planning, Government and Corporate Affairs, Policy Analysts, In-House Counsel and Partners from:
- Indigenous Communities
- Provincial and Federal Government
- Mining and Exploration
- Power Generation and Transmission
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Oil and Gas
- Engineering and Environmental Services
- Law Firms
Click here for more information.
For sponsorship opportunities please contact:
1-877-927-0718 ext. 7308
1-877-927-0718 ext. 7367