Get Engaged in the Ongoing Changes; Ground-Level Discussions on Consultation Policies, Protocol and People.
The Canadian Institute’s 12th Annual Western Indigenous Consultation & Engagement conference offers even more opportunities to engage in a cultural and educational networking event. This four-day event will include hands-on workshops, a site tour, dynamic roundtable discussions, one day focused on Indigenous governance, and it will address the most pressing topics affecting Indigenous consultation in Western Canada.
- Federal update + panel discussion on United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP)
- Provincial update + panel discussion on the Alberta Consultation Office’s policies
- Yukon First Nations Joint Action Plan to promote Reconciliation
- Top Cases Affecting Indigenous Consultation and the Consultation Officer
- Update on Major Projects and Environmental Assessments
This event provides a non-partisan platform for making meaningful connections and getting conversations started. Make this event part of your consultation strategy by learning government process from government representatives; hear from industry experts how major projects are affecting the natural resource sector, and engage with Indigenous leaders and reignite relationships.
Who You Will Meet
Chiefs and Councilors, Senior Executives, Directors and Managers of: Aboriginal Relations, Internal and External Affairs, Stakeholder Relations, Community Relations, Project Development, Environmental Planning, Government and Corporate Affairs, Policy Analysts, In-House Counsel and Partners From:
- Aboriginal Communities
- Provincial and Federal Government
- Oil and Gas
- Mining and Exploration
- Power Generation and Transmission
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Engineering and Environmental Services
- Law Firms