Protect Your Team. Ensure you have the latest legal updates affecting policing departments, accountability and professional standards.
The Canadian Institute’s 11th Annual Law of Policing Conference, in Toronto, addresses the most pressing professional standards issues effecting police agencies. This must-attend event brings together Chiefs of Police, in-house counsel, and a wide-variety of government and civilian agencies to delve into new legislation and precedent-setting case law, to determine the highest of police standards. Join a distinguished and diverse faculty of speakers as they provide practical solutions and optimum tools for your organization.
Join us as we discuss:
- Evolving Search and Seizure Capabilities
- Re-Drawing Privacy Perimeters
- Defending an Officer on Trial
- Cross-Country Perspectives on Independent Oversight
- Examining Use-of-Force Policy
- Top Precedent-Setting Case for Police
Who Should Attend:
- Police Chiefs, Deputy Chiefs, Sheriffs, and their Counsel
- Police Commissioners
- Professional Standards Investigators
- Executives of Police Associations and their Counsel
- Police Discipline Adjudicators
- Criminal Law Practitioners
- Government Policy Drafters
- Government Attorneys
- Members of the Plaintiff Bar
Stay tuned for more details about our 2020 program
Click here for more information.