The consultation landscape in Western Canada has been evolving with revamped policy from the Alberta Government, promises from the Federal Government and slow progress on the implementation of the United Declaration for the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP).
CI Energy Group’s 11th annual Western Indigenous Consultation & Engagement conference provides a non-partisan platform for making meaningful connections and getting conversations started. Make this event part of your consultation strategy by learning government process from government representatives. Hear from industry experts how major projects are affecting the natural resource sector, and engage with Indigenous leaders to forge or reignite relationships.
I look forward to seeing you in Edmonton.
CI Energy Group’s Indigenous Consultation & Engagement Series
Engage with Experts, including:
Koren Lightning-Earle – Chair
Indigenous Initiatives Liaison
Law Society of Alberta
Indigenous Bar Association
Senior Assistant Deputy Minister,
Treaties and Aboriginal Government
Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
Stan Rutwind, Q.C.
Assistant Deputy Minister,Indigenous Relations
Government of Alberta
Who You Will Meet
Chiefs and Councilors, Senior Executives, Directors and Managers of: Indigenous Relations, Internal and External Affairs, Stakeholder Relations, Community Relations, Project Development, Environmental Planning, Government and Corporate Affairs, Policy Analysts, In-House Counsel and PartnersFrom:
- Indigenous Communities
- Provincial and Federal Government
- Oil and Gas
- Mining and Exploration
- Power Generation and Transmission
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Engineering and Environmental Services
- Law Firms
Top Reasons to Attend
- Alberta Consultation Office Policy Review Update – Hear how the review will affect your operations and getting answers from the province
- Consultation Case Law Deconstructed – Find the most significant takeaways from precedent-setting Indigenous legal cases of the year
- Achieving Industry Excellence in Consultation & Avoiding Project Delays for 2020 – Obtain regulatory certainty and ensuring consultation is sufficient
- Writing a Communications Plan – Calculate the cost effectiveness and Return-on-Investment of engaging early
Venue Information at a Glance
The Sutton Place Hotel Edmonton
10235 101 Street, Edmonton, AB T5J 3E9