When the wait for a court date can now be measured in years, it’s essential to manage project risk early and effectively to protect your organization’s reputational and financial well-being
The Canadian Institute is proud to present our 11th Annual Managing Risk in Construction Contracts and Projects (West) conference – an event designed specifically to give your team the practical strategies they need to keep your project moving and avoid costly claims and litigation.
Join your peers in Edmonton on January 29th and 30th, 2019 for two days of timely industry updates, practical risk management strategies, and forward-thinking discussions on the issues keeping Western Canada’s construction professionals up at night. Hear seasoned experts from a cross-section of construction and infrastructure disciplines address issues including:
- Devising the appropriate procurement strategy for your project
- Ensuring the contract you sign is the contract you execute
- Understanding the year’s most important construction case law and how it impacts your daily practice
- Addressing risk in public-private partnerships
- Combatting the curse of scope creep in construction projects
- Mitigating the risk of stakeholder non-payment or insolvency
Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites
A limited number of guest rooms have been set aside at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites at a special rate for our conference participants. Room rates start from $169 per night and are available on a first come first serve basis. For reservation, please contact the hotel at 1-780-429-3900 and mention Canadian Institute’s GovConnect Alberta Conference to receive the special rate.